Alopexian Philosphy

I am trying a more spontaneous journal off my main website at http://buddybest.tripod.com/index.html

Name:
Location: Bensalem, PA, United States

Monday, May 22, 2006

Middle May 2006

Sun 14 May
I finished planting my Gurney seeds this afternoon. I cleaned up two bookcases downstairs. There is so much to throw out. At long last, I found my MBA photobook. I can show it at my workplace tomorrow.
Of course, the real cleanup concerns the mental mess behind the physical one. Otherwise, I have many tasks yet. I used up the last of the stain on the deck. Much of the side boards were becoming green.!

Sun 21 May
It was thirtyfour years ago this weekend when I came to Bensalem from Wilkes-Barre to go to Veterans's Stadium. I don't think I had a plan for my future back then as well. In any case, my concern was how well Tom Seaver was pitching, rather than how Richard Nixon was faring.
This weekend I met many of my objectives. I cleaned the hardest third of my bedroom, uncovering much of unfinished intentions of the past. I put two coats on the deck where it showed the most wear. All I have left is a few odds of spots I either miseed or couldn't reach.
After going to K-Mart only to find they don't sell mowers, I found what I wanted at Sears. Then we went to CompUSA and bought my brother another computer. Unfortunately, the computer did not allow the telephone lines in. Our sttempt to hook up Comcast didn't work. We must send for a technician on Wednesday to hook it up. I wonder if the lines attenuate the signal.

Mon 22 May
I had yet another dream of still being in high school and of coming in late. I fell asleep with another of the series on the History Channel about the Da Vinci Code. They were biographing Leonardo in the latter fifteenth century.
On both Saturday and Sunday, I began the day with a run around the neighborhood before 6 AM. I made it short, but I felt the benefit afterwards.

Despite the comeplete meltdown of Billy Wagner on Satuday, the Mets won the other two games at Shea against the Yankees, with David Wright's hits making the difference in one-run games. Philadelphia ran out of steam at one game out, so they're now four games out. Both the Phillies and the Braves are due at Shea over the next week.

Gleim looked silly with the review of the Enrolled Agent examination to become available on 26 May, but we're almost there already. I continue to wonder if I should take the plunge with them. It also continues with Rosetta Stone over Latin and Polish. After seeing so much undone, I am reluctant to spend more money on stuff to add to the clutter; I'd rather save the money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home