Alopexian Philosphy

I am trying a more spontaneous journal off my main website at http://buddybest.tripod.com/index.html

Name:
Location: Bensalem, PA, United States

Sunday, April 30, 2006

April 2006 Ends

Sun 23 Apr
My first free weekend rained out any plans for outdoor work of cutting grass, planting gardens, or fixing anything. Today I went to Home Deopot for a new slip nut and washer. The old one under the washtub was corroded. I even used new cement. I also bought cement for the fenceposts. One is loose on the southwestern side.
My boss took over the closed filing system. I forced the decision on Friday. now I must get the dictated details. Of course, my usual antagonist was contrarian to my suggestions.

The sun is finally coming out. The trees are burgeoning, and my lilac bush is blooming. Because we are a little farther south, the lilacs usually bloom in April, rather than the traditional May in New England.

Of course, I have three months' worth of work backed up. I didn't expect to get it all done this weekend, but I did expect to get more done than I have. Fortunately, I'll have most of the evenings to nibble at the accumulation this week..

The real work now involves what I'm going to do on the offseason, the next nine months. Last year, I took as many courses as I could for Block. All that did was to raise my ranking. I will decide as I clean up my backlog.

I bought "Borokeback Mountain" on disc the day it came out. To slap the religious reich, I bought it at Wal-Mart. which is where they wanted it stopped. I've watched it several time in French with subtitiles. I still can't catch all the words with the help of reading it in French as I hear it.
After over thirty years of language learning, I'd think I finally picked it up."Brokeback Mountain" also has Spanish subtitiles, but it doesn't have the dubbing. Unfortunately none of these movies are available in German, which remains my second best foreign language.
I think once I master how to learn languages, everything else would be easier to learn. History remains a part of my passion as well. I still have visions of using some of my talents elsewhere. I also envision writing my autobiography someday. Oh, well, let's see what grows this spring.

Fri 28 Apr
I dreamed I was looking for another job, and they found out about it. Otherwise, I awoke without a conclusion. It's the opposite of the realization of the unsavory position I've dropped over the past decade.
I checked the thirtyseventh chapter of Morrision and Boyd, then I looked in the notebook. Apparently my class did get as far as the example of chymotrypsin as the connection between organic chemistry and biological chemistry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home