Alopexian Philosphy

I am trying a more spontaneous journal off my main website at http://buddybest.tripod.com/index.html

Name:
Location: Bensalem, PA, United States

Thursday, March 16, 2006

As Spring Takes Over from Winter in 2006

Mon 13 Mar
Last night ended a long dead day at Block. I was there nearly eight hours without a client (whch I have equaled with Monday and Wednesday). We didn't even reach our low goal of four clients in the office. I made 63 calls to all the not yet returned clients from last year who had come up to 12 March, but had not yet come this year.

After my round again with "Flipper" in French, I began to realize what I'd like to do in a few years. If I could generate enough unearned income, I could write and do other things I want to do in retirement. With only five weeks left in the tax season, I must be ready when it ends. It would return me to my days in graduate school when I didn't waste so much time making a living, and I spent much of my leisure time in learning. All those books remind me of those ambitions, every time I see them unready and unused.

Wed 15 Mar
My other work seems to pile up while I'm trying to keep up after taking a day off. The day started off very windy as the lion roared. For weirdness, it was very warm yesterday morning before the temperature fell last night. Flurries scattered about leaving no trace with the wind and sun.
I was tempted to go to Tastmasters tomorrow, but it's quirky that I even have a Thursday off during tax season. I have 26 March off, so I purchased "The Man Called Flintstone" to watch on the thirtyninth anniversary of the last time I saw it. Perhaps I'll get lucky and have it in other languages as well.

Thu 16 Mar
Punxsutawney Phil declared winter over, and "The Matthew Shepard Story" débuted in 2002.
I spent much of the morning on the internet, at PathMark, and now at Frankford Hospital. It turned out we need referrals for all these tests, which I had to fix to get the procedures done. The neurologist's office was virtually inaccessible this morning.

Block again remains problematic, maybe due to the bad publicity in New York State -- accusations about Express IRA's mostly. I haven't had a client since Saturday (Fortunately I have no work tonight.), and the one I'd scheduled for yesterday wanted another preparer, who wasn't there that night. I didn't even have calls for the customers from last year!
I did catch an error from 2004, which will cost Block. How could anyone miss having gambling losses without any winnings?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home