Alopexian Philosphy

I am trying a more spontaneous journal off my main website at http://buddybest.tripod.com/index.html

Name:
Location: Bensalem, PA, United States

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Late October 2005

Sat 22 Oct
The past month has been rather hard. I'm overwhelmed at caring for two invalids. Every weekend, I run the laundry. I take care of my brother when I'm home from work. I've been avoiding supper every night, for now that I drive to work, I'm afraid I'll gain weight as I did in 2003.

I just finished my last class at Block, the third one I took offline. I just have to take a final of twenty questions. (Note: I passed it.) Then I'll have training, and I'll begin the second job again in January.

My uncle has visited when I wasn't here. He lives nearby (~4 km), within walking distance. He doesn't seem interested in speaking German. I did find a television station that has Deutsche Welle on twice a week. It also has dramas on at night in other languages, such as Polish and Irish (wybe).

Matt's (Shepard's) seventh deathday (I made up this word) passed rather quietly. I think that everything we could know had already been revealed. I've also deduced other aspects of the final year of his life, but I cannot be certain about any of it.

I didn't expect a grand coalition in Germany, but it looks as if the coalition is the only answer until the next election. My guess is that such a coalition will not last out Schrub's term by 2009. I'm rooting for the frostbelt Chicago White Sox over Schrub's Texans, the stupid As(s)tros of Houston. (Note: it turned out better than I'd expected!)

Sun 23 October
I've finished putting down the remaining storm windows, and I caught up to my blog online. I must take off Tuesday, so I'll get chance to put my room and my affairs in some order.
I didn't get much else done. I cooked my first ham, cabbage, and potatoes. I must prepare a speech for Thursday night at Toastmasters.

Tue 25 October
I started my virtually impromptu speech for Thursday. I finally began to read "Financially Free" from 1986 and Marc Garrison (along with Robert Allen and Utah). Once again, the question is how to do it.

Fri 4 Nov
After a frightening beginning of the week, the shift tends toward normal. Mom seems to have dropped the outheaded talking, and I dealt with a flat tire on Tuesday. However, I must keep an eye on the finances on the other side. Tim's account threatens to shoot way over $2000, even after I took out $200 yesterday. Therfore, I took out enought today to keep it under the maximum.

Meanwhile, Schrub sinks further in the polls, a year too late for the voters to do anything about it. The Republican Congress cut programs further while giving more welfare for the wealthy. Will the redniecks finally wake up?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home