Alopexian Philosphy

I am trying a more spontaneous journal off my main website at http://buddybest.tripod.com/index.html

Name:
Location: Bensalem, PA, United States

Sunday, August 07, 2005

August 2005 Begins

Mon 1 Aug 15:28
After going through the other places for books in my bedroom, I still haven't uncovered the lectures for investing. Those compdics seem to have disappeared. Meanwhile, I pulled out some of the books I want to finish soon. Overall, cutting the grass was about my only accomplishment over the weekend.
I did have a thought for class on Wednesday: Does being an enrolled agent allow for work experience toward the CPA? As an MBA, I need a year's experience toward it.

Tue 2 Aug 15:30
There is too much to do for me to catch up quickly. I still haven't finished all the invoices for today. The mornings continue warm, about 25ยบ at 7 AM. I am consistently leaving early, and I get picked up the last third of the way. What can I get done once this second class ends in two weeks?

Thu 4 Aug 15:25
The awful truth revealed itself: An enrolled agent and a CPA are two diverse positions. The required experience for a CPA is a year in public accounting. I looked over the gleim website on an enrolled agent. Apparently they have a complete package for $279. I don't see much of a barrier with the costs, although I should lean toward using up what I've already available in resources. My expenditures on books along during tax season probably ran that high.

Sat 6 Aug
Since I began to go to classes at Block, I've been trying to put together what I want to do as the means of improving my income. To work for Black next tax season, I must take a certain amount of credits, more to be certified. I just finished the required course, and I'm going for twice as many classes as I need. I'm also taking courses online. I want to advance as quickly as possible by next year.
Block also has a path called the Enrolled Agent. It's a credential for representing clients in financial distress, particularly with overdue taxes. I am tempeted to try for it next year.
There is also another course of events I could take for another credential, known as the Certified Public Accountant. That is an elusive goal for me, one I first thought about some twentyone years ago. Both courses are independent but worthy to pursue.

Sun 7 Aug 14:10
Once again, I am going through "Empire Strikes Back", with the audio in Spanish and French. My ears are picking up the words! I have passed from avoiding translation to understanding the words themselves.

I am trying to assemble my goals for the next half decade. The capstone remains the CPA, but how can I get the experience without a degree once I pass test? I must find a way around it. It may resolve itself during my pursuit of the other goals of financial planning and real estate investing.

Alopex

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home