Alopexian Philosphy

I am trying a more spontaneous journal off my main website at http://buddybest.tripod.com/index.html

Name:
Location: Bensalem, PA, United States

Monday, July 04, 2005

Chuck White and Independence Day

I finally read through the online site of Treasure Chest of Fun and Fact on Chuck White up to 1957. There were three artists of the series by that time. Fran Matera, who draws Steve Roper and Mike Nomad, was the one I saw in 1968-71. Looking overall at twelve years of Chuck White, I must smile at the plots and the unrealistic situations. It's no wonder what they toned down Chuck White to a 14-year-old who likes to snoop into suspicious characters, like Nancy Drew.

The Schurb is gearing up to place a fascist throcrat in place of Sandra Day O Connor on the Supreme Court. Alberto Gonzalez might be the ticket, although the theocrats don't like him. I'd love to see Schrub fall apart at this juncture. He's overdue to pay for what he's escaped over the past five year. It must be dumb luck to get past all the historical trends against his even being in office, let alone the worship of him as the son of the god Reagan. Reagan is such a god that his face is on a stamp, even though one usually must be dead ten years to get on a stamp in the United States. Then again, Reagan is a god, so he'll never die, Therefore, the government suspended the rules. Next: the emperor Caligula.

Personally I've found both Schrub and Pruneface gods of inspiration. I'll never allow my brain to fall into desuetude as Reagan did in the late 1950's. I'll also be aware of the longtem effects of alcoholism, although I think Schrub was a moron before all that ethanol killed off his brain cells. There is no way he'd have gone into the Penn State MBA program with a 77 average. Then, Schrub bought the degree, rather than earned it, and it shows in his reluctance to quantify the cost of the war in Iraq. In mny NBA classes, we quantified anything possible. We also had to pass a communication course, which Schrub would have never passed.

Alopex

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home