Alopexian Philosphy

I am trying a more spontaneous journal off my main website at http://buddybest.tripod.com/index.html

Name:
Location: Bensalem, PA, United States

Sunday, October 23, 2005

October and the Operation

Sun 2 Oct
Mom was not totally lucid, even on Saturday. I must call the surgeon tomorrow. My cousin just called, and the reason that they took the catscans and the other examinations were for strokes and any other problems such as dementia. My sister's family came yesterday, but she never called. I suppose I must wait until tomorrow to get it straightened out.

Mon 3 Oct
The hospital discharged Mom today. The surgeon didn't think much of dementia and said that being in a strange place was part of it. The caregiver left at ten to four, exactly eight hours after she had come. Then today there must have been an accident around Woodhaven Road and Bristol Pike. I had to go around it twice to get home late at 4:30. Therefore, Tim was alone for forty minutes.

Tue 4 Oct
We seemd to have returned to some kind of normalcy today. Mom seems to becoming better, although she didn't take here pills until tonight. However, she's still not eating. I went to Pathmark to pick up some groceries and some percocil, a painkiller. Even the dog was out of canned food!
Tonight Mom went to bed instead of lying on the couch. I had to carry her to bed at 12:45 this morning.

Sun 9 Oct
Lori called tonight to stir some disturbing thoughts. I am already under the strain of taking care of Tim. Mom continues to eat little and to mope around the house.
The caregiver and the substitute didn't show up on Friday, and neither did the visiting nurse. I am returning to my old schedule tomorrow. I continue to struggle just to keep up with Block. This week I have two nights occupied. I must get around them.

Wed 12 Oct
MWS is dead seven years.

Sun 16 Oct
MWS's funeral seven years ago
An ugly reminder reared its head on Friday. I can't expect the buyers to help keep the open files clear. I've been deferring to them too much too long. It's part of the demurs which have me in the job in the first place.
I continue to do far too much while caring for two invalids. I had to go to PathMark two days in a roiw, and then to Walmart this afternoon as well. I've still a cold, the second infection in as many weeks.
Today I begin to put down the storm windows on the northern side of the house. I continue to struggle finding time for Block.
I am stalled at chapter six of Morrison and Boyd on the reactions of alkenes. I have problems at the end of the chapter to do over.

Tue 18 Oct
I am slowly realizing that my entire process towars learning as subject is too inefficient. If anything. Morrison and Boyd is bringing it out. I never went back to check on the concept in the chapter, nor did I follow through and spend the time on the subject.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home