Alopexian Philosphy

I am trying a more spontaneous journal off my main website at http://buddybest.tripod.com/index.html

Name:
Location: Bensalem, PA, United States

Saturday, March 17, 2007

March the Lion, 2007

Fri 2 Mar
The pace at both jobs slackened this week, so I took today off at Bodek. I received three payments today, which boosted me toward $5000.
I checked on Wachovia's website, which revealed that they don't invest in real estate. I also reached Primerica to finish the last of the corrections for withdrawing monthly premiums from the new account.

Sat 3 Mar
Before I came to Block at 5 PM -- and didn't have enough time to do everything at home the past two days -- the hanging clients resolved the issue and one of my holds may not come back because she took back her W-2's.
I spent some time in the basement with old books barely read and heavily paid. What should I throw out?

Sun 4 Mar
As winter fades int spring, the tax season slackens. I don't look forward to the end of the season, for there is more than enough work outdoors, not to mention the first summer with the extention.
This weekend seems to continue the downward trend since February began. Each weekend is even more worthless than the previous one. I might as well have stayed home both Friday and Saturday evenings. I certainly would not want to do this job all year long. I'd rather be home.
Since 3 PM, it's been quite dead in here. Unfortunately, we're not closing at 5 PM like last Sunday. There are five Sundays left, three this month.

Wed 7 Mar
It was brutally cold yesterday, reminiscent of Willkes-Barre or State College: -10º and windy. This morning it was snowing and still -10º. More snow has followed, but it is not enough to close Franklin Mills. Here I stand about forty days until the end of tax season. Then all the delayed decisions come to roost, taking out the spring.

Sat 10 Mar
I arose at 4:30 AM, and everyone was up. I took my bath, and we went to PathMark around 7:30. A trip to Lou's put us home by 9 AM. I figured we lose an hour tonight, so getting up so early was no big deal.
I did some of my tasks, but I still had to waste four hours at Block. There were four of us there and only one client. I called twentyfour clients tonight (all from the "no answer" list) to go with the sixteen I had called last night. This weekend may prove to be even worse than last weekend. I will have only twelve and a half hours before I must return to Block, due to the spring forward.,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home